Help us build a better online Canada! We are best known for managing over 2.8 million .CA domains. We’re committed to keeping Canada’s domain safe, stable and secure, and Canadians experience that every time they see, hear or use a .CA.
CIRA is a foundation for Canada’s internet and our goal is to make it better for all Canadians. Our cybersecurity products and services keep Canadian organizations safe and our community investment program and involvement in global internet governance help us build connections with partners who share our passion for Canada’s internet.
This is a 6-month contact starting the end of August 2019
The Senior Application Developer is a key resource in the development of all new features as required by various users of CIRA’s .CA registry management service solution. You have a strong understanding of web application development, including: security, application design, session management, performance, multi-language support, and internationalization. You have an eye for improvement and can assess and recommend new technologies as they pertain to the existing architecture. You’re a natural leader who can guide other developers with code review and mentorship through collaboration and communication.
What you will do
- Participate in major application development initiatives from inception through to deployment.
- Co-ordinate application testing and deployment with the testing and operations groups.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff.
What you bring
- Degree in a Computer Science related discipline or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with strong Web application design and development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development in Java/J2EE
- Experience with: JBoss in HA usages, J2EE technology stack including: JSP, EJB (Session, MDB), JPA, JMS, JAAS, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Microservices, Hibernate, REST API, Jquery, Bootstrap, Ajax, AngularJS, HTML, CSS, Shell scripting, batching and automation work of software build and deployment, Oracle or PostgreSQL, GIT, multi-threading/concurrency.
- Agile development process
- Proficiency in English is essential, French language skills are an asset.
How To Apply
Apply online at https://cira.ca/careers