Arctic Leaf Inc. is a US and Canadian-based UI/UX design and development agency that specializes in E-Commerce and web-based application services. Our bottom-of-the-funnel focus separates us from other agencies in the market, and thus are struggling to keep up with demand! We are looking for an addition to the team who is flexible and enjoys working with others in a team-oriented environment.
Having recently gone through a merger, we have consistently grown year over year, and we are looking to maintain this growth, the ideal candidate will possess the desire to assist in this growth and collaborate on different trends to identify key strengths and opportunities.
Our fast-growing team needs a new Web Developer! You will learn everything there is to know about making world-class websites. Our agency is not married to any specific technologies, so you will work with whatever tools best meet our client's needs; however, the majority of our clients are E-Commerce merchants with stores on BigCommerce or Shopify. Clients come to us with problems, and you will build the solution!
This position is a full-time position. You will work closely with other members of the development team as well as the Technical Director.
NOTE: 2-5 year commitment preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- World-class training and resources.
- Mature business process framework and infrastructure so that you can hone in on your own skills and what you do best.
- The position includes paid time off. PTO accrues and is made available after the successful completion of the probationary period.
- The position includes health benefits which are made available after 90 days.
- RRSP/TFSA matching contribution available after 6 months of employment.
NOTE: Starting pay varies depending on experience.
As a Web developer for our team, you will fulfill a wide array of client needs. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new E-Commerce sites (typically on the two largest SaaS platforms, Shopify and BigCommerce).
- Build out fully-functional E-Commerce pages to a pixel-perfect match of a provided design mockup.
- Add new features and functionality to existing E-Commerce sites.
- Create custom integrations between E-Commerce platforms and third-party applications.
- Ensure the code behind a website adheres to WCAG guidelines.
- Understanding client requirements (regardless of how they are presented), and translating them into effective and usable experiences.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the design department to assess how elements should function.
- Strong understanding of web and mobile best practices and trends.
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience working with version-control software.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with jQuery.
- Knowledge of an E-Commerce platform (Shopify or BigCommerce) and its templating language.
- Eager to learn from senior developers - and improve upon their work.
- Ability to solve business problems first and write code second - not the other way around!
- Proficiency in SASS.
- Experience in AJAX and JSON.
- A commanding knowledge of GraphQL and how to use it in an E-Commerce setting.
- A powerful desire to become the best at developing E-Commerce sites.
- 1+ year experience working with Webpack.
- Experience making the web accessible to those with disabilities.
- 1+ year experience working with Shopify CLI and/or Themekit.
- Deep knowledge of Shopify and its templating language (Liquid).
- Thorough knowledge of BigCommerce and its templating language (Handlebars.js).
- 1+ year experience developing locally with BigCommerce Stencil CLI.
- A thorough understanding of Handlebars.js and the BigCommerce Handlebars Helpers.