Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative organization? Do you have a passion for IT security? Did you ever think that passion could help save a life?
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
We are currently seeking an IT Security Analyst III to join our team in ourOttawa office.
In this role you will act as a senior resource for the team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining tactical and operational plans for IT Security to meet Canadian Blood Services short and long term business needs.
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To
- Collaborating with others in the IT service management, change management and technical teams and following the direction established by the IT Security and Risk Manager and IT Senior Management team.
- Delivering the day to day running of the IT Security program which includes: Identifying and responding to security incidents. (On-call may be required for escalations)Implementing and monitoring firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, DLP, content management solutions and othersInvolvement in SAP security access control and security controlsParticipation in Disaster recovery exercisesDelivering on vulnerability management program especially penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Providing subject matter expertise for IT security issues, monitoring operations and conducting risk assessments.
- Supporting architectural decision making for the IT function by offering technical expertise in the area of integration.
- Ensuring compliance to standards and regulatory requirements.
- Providing security requirements to various technology projects.
- Liaising with IT operations team in response to security incidents.
- Making operational decisions that impact the security of Canadian Blood Services systems, network and data. Required Skills
Education, Training And Experience
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably a University Degree in Computer Science with Business Process Engineering or Business Administration (preferably with a focus on Information Management Systems).
- At least ten years of relevant information security work experience, preferably with several years leading security operations, preferably in supervisory capacity.
- A CISSP, CISM, SANS Security designations or other recognized security certification is required.
Demonstrated Skills And Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic/tactical thinking skills.
- Problem analysis, planning and organizing skills.
- Strong effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgement.
- Strong communication skills in English are required.
- Good Business Acumen Skills.
- Ability to be on-call is required.
How to apply
Apply online at https://blood.ca/en/job-seekers/job-opportunities