Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The person in this position analyzes the business needs of users and is responsible for development solutions and corrective measures with a medium to high degree of complexity. The incumbent provides advice on and influences the direction of development activities. The successful candidate develops IT systems, programs and applications or configure software packages. The incumbent oversees and approves the technical elements and deliverables completed by colleagues.
General Information on the Position
- Analyze the field of technology and serve as an authority. Develop optimal solutions. Develop an in-depth understanding of system components and relationships between systems.
- Analyze and plan for business leaders’ needs and help colleagues to select solutions, applications and systems. Analyze and coordinate development and upgrade activities for complex systems.
- Conduct activity estimates and sequencing exercises for highly complex projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the business or IT field and apply cross-sector knowledge of company systems.
- Represent Desjardins with external partners and organizations.
- Create and recommend practices and development methods in their field.
- Research, recommend and apply best practices regarding software/software package development and configuration. Determine and approve the implementation delivery strategy. Oversee development and implementation quality.
- Conduct quality control and testing. Ensure solutions perform as expected. Oversee operational aspects of applications and systems. Coach and share knowledge with working groups.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Customer focus
- Problem solving
- Technical learning
- Written communications
- Professionalism and attention to detail