We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working in a delivery-focused, agile environment. We need help making web content that is simpler, clearer and faster.
This position requires experience in writing high-quality, user-focused content. If you are pursuing a career in content strategy or communications, this position may just be perfect for you.
Your future responsibilities
Under the direction of the Bank’s web content strategist, you’ll be collaborating with specialists from a variety of disciplines—including developers, researchers, designers and policy specialists—to make sure our digital products and services are useful and usable. This means making complex language and processes simpler for people to understand.
Your education and experience
• university degree in a relevant discipline (such as information systems and design, library studies, information management, digital media design or communications) with two to five years of relevant experience
• an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Your knowledge and skills
• designing information and taxonomies that make digital products easier to use and help people find what they need
• working in a content role that requires writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs
• making complicated technical concepts easy to understand, and iteratively improving a digital service based on feedback
• leading by influence, forming and maintaining collaborative relationships; pushing teams to improve the quality of their content
• adapting and applying analysis techniques to new contexts, especially when acting as the sole representative for content design on a project
• using spreadsheets to create and maintain project and information reports; applying proven project management experience using agile methodologies
• seeking continuous feedback on information designs and processes, ensuring they meet user needs
• prioritizing requests from multiple teams, particularly senior management
• language requirement: English and French essential (bilingual) with a minimum starting level of functional in second official language. Training may be provided to help the selected candidate reach the required level of fully functional in second official language.
• you must provide a portfolio of your work, including samples specific to the design of digital services content, if possible
• you must be at ease with the rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals of our agile environment
• experience in successfully improving the culture and process for developing content at a large organization
• a passion for web writing and continuous improvement of day-to-day processes
• knowledge of Canada’s financial industry and the Bank of Canada’s business functions
• experience using digital analytics APIs
• demonstrated knowledge of content-management and web-publishing tools (such as Google Analytics, CMS and social media)
For this role, the following competencies are the most relevant:
Enhancing collaboration across teams
• contributing your expertise across the Bank
• implementing creative solutions that challenge the status quo
• delivering at a rapid pace and building capability across teams
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
• Starting salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $70,936 to $82,759 (job grade 15)
• Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (5 to 7% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (10% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
• Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
• Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
• Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we offer you a superior work environment that allows you to reach your full potential both professionally and personally. We make career growth and professional development a priority. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here.
Why work with us?
• We work in small, agile teams of developers, designers and content specialists. We build minimum viable product, then iterate—always asking how we can make things better for users.
• We’re a collaborative and creative team that values experimentation and learning.
• We have a state-of-the-art work environment that boasts a fitness centre with loads of programs.
• We are a high-performing team that is genuinely committed to making the Bank’s websites leading-edge.
• You’ll have a chance to expand your portfolio and do the best work of your career.
• Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
• Must be eligible for reliability status
• There will be no relocation assistance provided
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to apply
Apply on our site at https://www.bankofcanada.ca/careers