What is the opportunity?
The UX Designer executes interaction and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary scrum (Agile) team. Working closely with the product owner to translate brand requirements and customer needs into experiences that the developers can execute on, the UX Designer impacts the strategy for products from the earliest stages ensuring the user experience align with customer expectations and follow style guide and look-and-feel conventions.
Digital Client Experience is becoming the main focus in RBC and as such we are looking to build our UI/UX design practice within the Wealth Management business and technology
What will you do?
- Design delivery - Lead the ideation and experience design of complex web, mobile and cloud solutions
- Define data architecture and interfaces – from visioning to production/execution
- Determine the business rules, design interactions and client flows for the client experience and support the documentation of business requirements
- Define practical user experiences, including storytelling, personas, process flows and interactions; create design assets including user scenarios, user ecosystem diagrams, competitor analyses, and wireframes
- Consult with Product Owner, Scrum team, customers and users in decision making surrounding user flows, sitemaps, layout, styling and technical feasibility
- Stakeholder management and communications:- Plan, execute and present wireframe mock-ups and proof of concepts to stakeholders to ensure their needs and expectations are met and sell the vision behind user experiences to key stakeholders
- Act as single point of contact for all project UX related status, including but not limited to presenting status during stand-ups and demos
- Perform required analytics to monitor client behavior metrics (Google, tracking tags, web trends, browser, AB/multivariate testing, etc.) and implement tags to provide information and determine ongoing improvements to our solutions
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years leading the design/execution of user experiences
- 1-2 years of working with multi member UX/UI design teams on complex User Experience centric initiatives
- 2-5 years of software development / digital industry and other relevant professional experience
- A diploma or degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, etc.) in Fine Arts, Liberal Arts, Interdisciplinary Design, Media Arts, Computer Science (Human Computer Interaction),Interaction Design, Digital Media or any related field, with relevant experiences and portfolios
- Experience designing and executing creative user experiences with track record of implementing responsive designs for medium to high complexity solutions
- Experience working in a team-based, fast-paced Agile development environment
- Experience working in the Financial industry specifically with Wealth Management
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Challenging work, dealing with multiple areas within Wealth Management Technology
- High level of autonomy and flexible work life balance
- Build relationships within IT and Business in Wealth and across the bank
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team