Do you have a passion for technology? Do you want to work on the #1 platform for trades contractors worldwide at an early stage company, backed by some of the best venture capitalists?
If so, you have come to the right place.
At Joist, we’re on a mission to make contractors heroes! We provide trades contractors with simple to use software, that enables them to save time and grow their business. With over 600,000 contractors, and $10B in projects. Joist is the #1 platform for contractors in the world, and we’re just getting started.
WHY WORK WITH JOIST?
- You will work with a team of motivated and wildly talented engineers, product and growth people
- You will help build a product that impacts millions of people
- You will get to work with a team using the newest technology stacks available
- You will be mentored by some of the best start-up leaders in the world who support continuous learning and growth while solving a big problem in a massive market.
- You will work in a fast-growing startup backed by some of the best venture capitalists in North America.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WITH:
- Passion: Hard problems are not solved overnight. It takes a special kind of attitude and hunger to build something great.
- Teamwork: Many of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to coordinate and communicate is essential to our success.
- Foresight & judgement: You have a strong understanding of the building blocks of scalable systems. You have the experience to know what to build and the discipline to know what not.
- Curiosity: You have a have passion for learning and knowledge, and often work on personal / side projects
- Agile: You can work closely with a product team, engineers, designers to create amazing experiences for our customers
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- You have designed world class mobile user interfaces and user experiences. And are fluent in the latest design patterns and conventions.
- You have experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- You can work closely with a product team, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing experiences for our customers
- You care about interacting with users, observing how they use the product, and are able to look at data to develop a deep understanding of what works well and what can be improved through a better user experience and interface
- You enjoy an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback, and challenging conventional wisdom
- You enjoy demo’ing your designs and projects fast. You embrace feedback and constantly challenge yourself to learn and grow as an individual and a member of the team.
- Strong preference given to those who have have passion for personal / side projects
- Have shipped a product from start to finish to actual customers
- Located in Toronto
- 3+ years of working experience as a UX/UI designer at a company
- Have impact: Your work will actually be used and have impact on thousands of individual contractors businesses.
- Enjoy your work: Young, energetic, flexible and super fun work culture
- Look good: A standard issue company hoodie and t-shirt
- At the heart of tech: Beautiful downtown Toronto office
- Learn: By setting ambitious goals, quick turnarounds and growing at a high pace there are tonnes of learning opportunities with Joist.
How to apply
Apply online at https://joist.workable.com/j/4C4366FE42