Who we are:
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We shape our country’s Internet infrastructure, employ innovative technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. CIRA manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to Internet governance.
With over 2 million .CA domain names registered and growing, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support CIRA’s existing infrastructure and expansion of community investment projects. Our seasoned team of IT operations specialists come to work each day with drive, focus, and a sense of humour. Employees enjoy a fast but tempered pace of work, cutting-edge projects, training and career development opportunities, and a stable, secure work environment.
Who you are:
You are passionate about innovative ways to market and harnessing the latest technology and trends. You can hold your own yet you know how to be a true team player. You are dynamic, flexible, and enjoy a challenge. The notion of building trusted Canadian values online energizes you.
What you’ll do:
As a key member of the CIRA IT Ops team, the Senior Database Administrator is responsible for providing support, administration and maintenance for the databases at the center of CIRA’s internet domain name registration system, global .CA Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure, and financial and data warehouse systems.
- Provide day-to-day support, administration, backup and management of all related databases and database appliances.
- Ensure the security, reliability and performance of database systems and related applications.
- Work closely with the operations, development and quality assurance teams to develop performant, robust, and highly available applications on diverse database platforms.
- Provide standard ICT operations functions for CIRA’s infrastructure including incident management, change management, problem management, inventory management, IT continuity and other ITIL disciplines as adopted by CIRA.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date infrastructure monitoring, documentation and diagrams.
- Participate in an agile based workflow and attending daily stand up.
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 on call schedule.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with the following:
- Database administration in highly-available environments (Oracle RAC)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Database backup and recovery, especially RMAN
- SQL scripting and tuning
- Performance tuning
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- High availability solutions/replication (Data Guard)
- Storage configuration/administration (ASM)
- ETL/data conversion
- Oracle Certification
- Experience with the following database technologies:
- Oracle ODA
- Strong understanding of some or all of the following services, technologies and disciplines.
- Managing, Deploying an Debugging Highly Available J2EE Application Servers
- Log Collection (Splunk, ELK)
- TCP/IP networking concepts (including IPv6)
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of Lansdowne Park, Ottawa.
CIRA will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If accommodations are required, applicants are encouraged to make their requirements known in advance.
How to apply
Apply online at https://cira.ca/careers